Pop culture often portrays women with large breasts as more attractive and desirable. In fact, women who are well-endowed are indeed nice to look at. However, not everyone with naturally large breasts are actually happy with what they have. Here at our Houston cosmetic surgery practice, we have helped over-endowed women look and feel better about themselves through breast reduction.
Reasons Women Seek Breast Reduction
Every so often, the following reasons prompt women to seek breast reduction here at our practice:
- Pain and discomfort – The weight of overly large breasts may cause pain and discomfort, particularly in women with petite frame. Specifically, chronic neck, shoulder, and back pain are some of the most common concerns of these women. Furthermore, these women will often find themselves with very heavy breasts during the menstrual cycle.
- Poor posture – While support undergarments may be used, having poor posture is also one of the main concerns of women with overly large breasts.
- Chronic rashes and skin infections – Excess moisture may be trapped in the undergarments which in turn could lead to chronic skin rashes and similar infections.
- Difficulties in finding well-fitting undergarments
- Limited mobility
- Grooves in the shoulder area due to bra straps digging into the skin
- Low self-esteem due to being over conscious of one’s breasts (several women have reported that they don’t want to be stared at or being the center of attention)
Planning for Your Breast Reduction in Houston, Texas
Here at our practice, we thoroughly understand that having overly large breasts can negatively affect you physically and emotionally. Allow us to design your personalized breast reduction plan by getting in touch with us. Call us at 713.234.6244 or fill out this contact form to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Cortes. We look forward to your visit!